Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here's Something for a Dear Brother

cousins and pamangkins two days ago with my brother Allan(the one in blue shirt)

“Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night,

there will be nothing left for him to steal.”


A couple of days ago, I did not have an idea of what living life completely meant. Now, I still truly do not, but at least after what happened several hours ago I have a better picture.

The multitude of relatives and friends who were with us during the few critical hours and after the passing away of my dear brother gave me the impression that he did lived, although not the best, a complete life!

Many prayed and wept with us during these early hours of our bereavement - and for this, I am very thankful to God for giving us friends and relatives like them. The pain was bearable because of you, guys!

The year ends soon but our very painful journey is still at the starting point. It may take days but I know we'll gonna make it - with God's help!

I am consoled by the fact that my brother is now with a person whose face he has not seen since he was born - our mother. Maybe she's guiding him now to heaven together with the angels and our dear departed loved ones.

One thing I would like my brother to take with him is the assurance that we'll take over wholeheartedly the responsibility he left behind for his wife and two kids. They are our family and it will stay as such forever!

Godspeed, dear brother, we will really, really miss you!

note: Allan is mine and Alpha's youngest brother. Our beloved mother, Faustina, passed away after giving birth to him thirty-nine years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Te Jinky, my condolences for the whole family, I am sure you will miss him terribly, but since he has left, I know he has left with an assurance that you are there for his dearly beloved as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i got your link from sheng.

    my heart goes out to you. i recently also lost a loved one, my mother (she died in november). and i know that the pain can be unbearable. i still miss my mom up to this day, and i still cry every now and then. but know that in time, the sun will shine again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot, grace!

    am still feeling empty but I have to move on. . .

    ReplyDelete

The Mom Blogger is Back

I used to be active in the blogosphere but went in hiatus due to overwhelming responsibilities needing my full attention.  Because of my l...